Thursday 12 May 2011

Introduction

Hello to everyone.

My name is Askar Kopbayev. I work as Network & Infrastructure Cooridnator in Agip KCO and this is my first blog ever. I am planning to write mostly about VMware, for the simple reason that it is my favourite technology nowadays, and my preparation to VCAP-DCA exam, nevertheless I will probably post more about networking, storage and other topics I work with.

I have been thinking about blogging for a quite long time, however, I couldn't find appropriate theme that would be interesting to write about. Last week I had a trip to Madrid to HP Technology&Work on Tour event (I will definitely write about it in my next posts) and during one of the presentation I understood couple of things:

1. I want to be Datacenter Administrator which means I want to be storage, networking, server administrator. I want to be involved to all activities about data centers.

2. Blogging might help me trace my own progress towards VCAP and also help on structuring the new thing I learn. You all know how clear things become when you explain them to another person.

My experience includes 5 years of networking experience with Cisco products (CCNP, CCSP), some Microsoft skills and qualifications, which are quite obsolete - MCSE 2000, and half a year of Vsphere experience along with VCP certification.

Btw, my mother tongue is russian so you can always write me or comment in russian as well.

Ciao,
Askar

No comments:

Post a Comment