Friday 7 September 2012

The new certification roadmap from VMware

Well, VMware is way more faster at generating news than I am at processing them. Still catching up with all interesting pieces of news I have missed while being on vacation.

In the shade of the bright and sparkling announcement of vSphere 5.1 the introduction of new Certification Roadmap has been overlooked by many bloggers.

Here is how it looks like now




The picture depicts four areas of certification


  • Cloud - this is mostly to prove you are good at administering vCloud Director (vCenter Chargeback, vCloud Networking and vCloud Organizations)
  • Datacenter Virtualization - this certification shows your expertise in administration of vSphere
  • End User Computing - this is all about building Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
  • Cloud Application Platform - purely developers' area.
Each category is divided into 2/3 levels showing different levels of skill sets. Some of the exams are not available yet, but coming out soon.

Currently I am trying to figure out my own certification roadmap for the next year and I still don't know which direction to go - Cloud or End User Computing. Both fields look very interesting, therefore first I need to understand which area has more prospects and potential demand on job market. Though first I have to site VCAP5-DCA which is fortunately now available to take in my country.


If you find this post useful please share it with any of the buttons below.

No comments:

Post a Comment