Wednesday 27 April 2016

Check out the new VSAN 6.2 Hands-On-Lab

VMware has just released new "HOL-SDC-1608 What's New with Virtual SAN 6.2" Hands-On-Lab

It covers all new functionality the VMware brought in new VSAN 6.2, e.g. compression and deduplication on AF, new SPBM settings, new ESXCLI VSAN namespace, etc.




However, the HOL assumes you have basic knowledge of VSAN. For instance, networking design isn't covered here. 

Interestingly, the networking configuration in this HOL still contains 2  VSAN VMK interfaces whereas generally it is recommended to have only 1 VMK and provide HA by NIC teaming and Load Balancing with LACP.

Even though I have VSAN 6.2 deployed in my home lab I still skimmed through the VSAN 6.2 HOL and I can tell it is pretty useful as I have learnt something new.

You can find it here - VSAN 6.2 HOL

No comments:

Post a Comment